Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tuscan Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast, halved
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1 each green, red, yellow peppers, chopped
2 thin slices deli ham (I used lunch meat)
2 garlic gloves, minced
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano

Sprinkle chicken with pepper, and brown in oil. Remove chicken and keep warm, in same skillet saute peppers and ham until peppers are tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano, and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way. (I cooked mine for about 30min)

What I did different - I don't have a big saute pan with a lid so I cook mine in a 5qt pot. I julienned the peppers and cut them in half. When I put the chicken in I try to put it on the bottom and all the peppers and liquid on top so the chicken absorbs more flavor. If using 5 chicken breasts add 1/4 cup chicken broth. I also cook up some rice to go along with it.

Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetable mixture equals 304 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 38g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment